ACT Admissions Service
Predicting Academic Performance
Information to Help Improve Admissions and Placement Decisions
While you can never know for certain how a prospective student will perform academically, quality information can help you better know what to expect.
The ACT Admissions Service describes the academic achievements of previous first-year students and generates information that can help predict the academic performance of future applicants. It is offered free to postsecondary institutions that have at least 40 ACT-tested first-year students.
Use the ACT Admissions Service to help:
- Advise and counsel individual students
- Select applicants for scholarship and honors programs
- Analyze grading practices of various academic departments to determine if there are differences and if they follow institutional policies
- Check the effectiveness of the ACT for predicting your students' first-year academic success
- Compare various student groups
The ACT Admissions Service helps you know more and plan better.
The Condition of College and Career Readiness 2016
The number of ACT test takers continues to grow and be more diverse each year. In 2016, 64 percent of the US graduating class took the ACT. This report offers our annual look at college and career readiness and education plans for those students.